- Trump won the state by 71,294 votes.
- A candidate (who has not loss by less than .5%) requesting a statewide recount in PA (technically, contesting the election) must state legitimate claims of fraud or illegality that would definitely change the outcome, so it is unlikely that the statewide recount effort in PA will be successful.
- A hearing is scheduled next Monday (12/5) in Stein’slawsuit to obtain a court-ordered, statewide recount. Stein is requesting a statewide hand recount and forensic analyses of electronic machines to determine whether malware was installed (despite no evidence of fraud or hacking).
- Green Party-backed voters are seeking precinct-level recounts.
- Allegheny County (Pittsburgh area) scheduled a recount on December 5 of 52 precincts.
- A judge denied requests to recount votes in 78 counties in Montgomery County (Philadelphia suburbs).
- A recount yesterday in six Lehigh County precincts added 3 additional votes for Hillary Clinton.
- The deadline to request a recount has passed in many counties.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Pennsylvania Recount Status
There has been a lot of news and misinformation surrounding Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein's efforts for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania. Here are the facts: