Representative Greg Steube recently shared some of his story and thoughts with the RNLA: Read about his inspiration and legislative priorities.
1. Tell us something about yourself that isn't readily apparent from your FL House profile.
Rep. Stuebe: I own a real estate investment company and I greatly enjoy working on real estate.
2. Why did you decide to become an attorney?
Rep. Stuebe: So that I would have a legal background to be in the legislature or involved in the law making process.
3. What is the most interesting case you've worked on?
Rep. Stuebe: The foreclosure cases have been interesting to deal with.
4. Who is the most interesting lawyer you've worked with?
Rep. Stuebe: Bill Partridge. He is a great litigator and a great mentor.
5. If you could have dinner with 3 people, alive or deceased, who would the 3 be and why?
Rep. Stuebe: Abraham Lincoln, John Adams and George Washington. They experienced so many challenges and had the incredible leadership to overcome them and saw our country during an incredible time in our history.
6. What are your legislative priorities right now? What are you working on?
Rep. Stuebe: Cutting the tax on commercial leases, repealing the prohibition for conceal permit carry holders to carry their firearm on college and university campuses, medical marijuana and alcohol regulations.
7. How has being a lawyer helped you in your work as a legislator?
Rep. Stuebe: It has been a huge advantage to have a legal background as a legislator and to actively practice law, you get to see the law as it is applied and greatly helps you to understand the impacts of what we do in the legislature.
8. What can Florida Republican lawyers do tohelp the legislature in the future?
Rep. Stuebe: Help elect Republican Lawyers to the House and Senate.